Ironing Service Prices – Could you be Saving Money by Hiring a Professional?
Looking to hire a professional ironing service? Here are 5 things to look out for when hiring someone to iron for you!
Are you among the many Brits who just dread ironing? A recent survey by Philip PerfectCare showcased that ironing was among the top five most hated chores for people in the UK.
On average, a person spends two hours every week ironing their clothes. That’s about twenty minutes every day. If a household consists of two or more individuals, as well as children, the hours spent on this chore is likely to be even more. Regardless of how many people live in a household, or if the person ironing works or is a stay-at-home parent, taking out time to carry out a dull chore such as ironing is a tedious prospect for most. Although you might leave the task of ironing until absolutely necessary, there’s no escaping it completely. So what do you do when you’re desperate for freshly pressed clothes but you just can’t bring yourself to pick up the iron? Hiring a professional ironing service is definitely the way to go.
Most people think that hiring someone to iron for them will be expensive or complicated, but it’s actually quite simple. If you follow the simple steps outlined below, you’ll be able to hire a professional to iron for you and save money at the same time!
5 Steps to Hiring Ironing Services
- Count The Cost: Calculate how much it’s going to cost you to hire a professional. Most ironing services charge depending on the number of items that need to be ironed, by the hour, or both. For example, one service might charge you £1.50 per shirt, or they might charge you £10 per hour (for x amount of shirts). Some may even apply a certain hour limit per visit. Whatever it may be, you need to shop around to see who’s offering you the best rates for the amount of ironing you need to get done.
- Calculate your cost: It’s important to figure out how much your time is really worth. If you want to hire someone to do a job for you, you first have to figure out how much you have to pay them to replace your efforts. In order to do so, you can use this calculator to figure out your personal hourly rate. Once you know how much it costs you to iron throughout the week, you can use that amount as a budget for ironing services.
- Get Referrals: Ask your friends and family for any tried and tested ironing service providers. Just like housekeeping services, ironing services hired through referrals are likely to result in positive experiences. Your coworkers or friends can refer you to a reputable and reliable ironing service provider, saving you time and hassle to look for one. You can also learn valuable things from this experience and develop an appreciation about general charges.
- Independent vs. Professional Cleaners: When shopping around for an ironing service, you are likely to come across independent workers and professional companies. The main difference between the two is not only in terms of price, but also the quality of their work. While independent cleaners are likely to be more expensive, professional ironing service providers are not only an economical choice, but they’re also experienced and skilled.
- How much ironing do you need? The last thing you need to figure out is how much ironing you really need to get done. If you’re a working professional, you may only need to get your work clothes pressed. In that case, you can hire an ironing service for a limited amount of clothes. If you don’t work and need someone to help you out with the ironing, make a list of the things you need to get pressed on a weekly basis and prioritise accordingly. This way you’re likely to stay on budget and the service will be more cost-effective.