Cleaning is a hard job no matter where you are in the house. Your bathroom is the place in your house you know will get messy very quickly. So why not look after it? Here are ten top tips to keep your bathroom clean!
Here are the things you need for a clean bathroom:
- Glass Cleaner and rag
- Toilet Brush
- Towel Bowl Cleaner
- Broom and Map
- Clothes Hamper/Basket
- Rubbish Bin/Container
- Pick up the dirty clothes and put them in the hamper or laundry basket.
- Remove all of the trash/rubbish within the bathroom and put it in a bin bag for removal.
- Move all of the items that don’t belong in the bathroom and place them in a box to be put in the correct area.
- Scrub sink and wipe down taps and countertop
- Clean the toilet out with toilet cleaner and brush. Pour a cup of white vinegar into the toilet and toss in a handful of banking soda to soak for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, scrub with the toilet brush and flush.
- Spray and wipe down the outside of the toilet, including the seat.
- Wipe down the mirror, using glass cleaner or vinegar with water
- Scrub the tub ring or wipe down the shower stall.
- Spray the shower floor with disinfectant and spray the shower curtains with cleaning solution, then wipe clean
- Sweep and mop the bathroom floor
Additional Bathroom Cleaning Tips:
Here are some additional tips for you to make sure your bathroom always stays clean.
- You can cut down how often you need to clean by having a house rule that the last person to shower or bathe wipes down the walls and rinses off the bathtub ring.
- Drop a denture-cleaning tablet into the toilet for a fast cleanup.
- Wipe bathroom fixtures with a little rubbing alcohol for a quick shine.
- Safely and easily unclog a hair-filled drain without harmful chemicals. Make a solution of equal parts of vinegar, salt, and baking soda. Pour it down the clogged drain, let it foam for 15 minutes, then flush with boiling water.
- To keep mirrors clean, dampen a soft rag with rubbing alcohol and wipe over the entire surface.
Keep tile and fiberglass shower walls clean. After washing them well, apply a thin coat of car wax and buff well. This will prevent most soap buildup, and the little that does build up will wipe off easily.
If you follow these tips, then your bathroom will be the jewel of your home.