Housekeeping can be a bit of a drag, right? Don’t worry! We have got some tips on how to make your housework easier and more manageable. It’s true, there is no place like home, especially when it’s nice and clean!
Here’s our guide:
Tip One: Tidy Up as You Go
You’ve probably all heard this tip before and plenty of times, right? If you are one of those people who stick to tidying as you go, you probably know how much it makes life easier, do you agree? Here are some examples of the simple tasks that make your home look a lot nicer:
- Start off by putting any dirty pans and dishes into the sink, soaked in hot soapy water. Whilst you’re in the kitchen, you might as well clear the counters by putting the food back in the cupboard or fridge/freezer!
- A bedroom always looks a lot nicer with a bed that’s made, don’t you think? So, once you’ve woken up and you are up and about, make your bed, it only takes a few minutes! We all know that the biggest mess in any bedroom is clothes! Although we all have the dilemma of having clothes that are too dirty to be put away and too clean for the wash bin, right? Fold them up into a neat pile and place on a chair, throwing your dirty clothes into the wash bin.
- Begin by clearing away all the mess in your living room and after straightening up the cushions on your sofa, ready to lounge on when it’s time to relax!
- Hooray! Your daily clean is almost complete, all you have left to do now is your dirty dishes.
Tip Two: Clean Room by Room
It’s recommended to give any home a weekly clean, or at least once a fortnight. Here are some tips on how to make a weekly clean more manageable:
- Cleaning is maintained much better using a strategy, for example, bathrooms and kitchens could be done in one day, leaving the cleaning in other rooms to be done on a different day.
- Make your life easier by always cleaning from the top to the bottom.
- Remove the cobwebs room by room using a vacuum extension. It’s easier to lift them off upwards using a rag. If you’re afraid of spiders, just stick to the hoover!
- Polish your household using one teaspoon of lemon oil and two cups of mineral oil. Smells good and looks good.
- Now a trick for those stubborn ring marks that lays on your tables! Thoroughly rub petroleum jelly onto the affected areas and wait for the results.
- Anyone who owns a pet can understand the pain of pet hair, right? This can be tackled easier with a roller lint brush.
Tip Three: Deep Cleaning
It’s time to get your hands dirty! Book the next two days off at work as it’s going to be intense! Luckily for you, deep cleaning is done once or twice a year. Here are some tips on where to deep clean your home:
- Clean the mould and dirt from all the common places in your home-eg. bathroom, shower, kitchen-etc. For more information on how to manage mould, check out our blog: ‘Don’t Be Controlled By the Mould’
- Wash all your walls, cupboards and windows, you might be surprised at how much dirt might be on them.
- Earn some extra cash by selling your old belongings at a boot fair. As hard as it may be, somethings just have to go!
- Clean your carpets, sofas and any dirt that your furniture has been blocking all year.
If you require further housekeeping help or enquiries regarding our services, don’t hesitate to contact St Annes HouseKeeping on:
Telephone- 020 3397 7495 | 0800 999 3397
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have!